Welcome to our library everyone! This is Karina Kawaguchi, Library Specialist aka Ms. Kawaguchi - your Chinook Librarian, 2013 MLIS from McGill University (Montreal, Canada).
What makes our library unique?
- It is a space for everyone in our Chinook community
- It has over 9,000 volumes to support curriculum needs and leisure reading
- Students can access our catalogue online Destiny via https://destiny.bsd405.org/ an where, at any time
- Unique programming to address the needs of our school
- It is OUR library!
The library is open every day when school is in session. When can students visit the library? Unlike in Elementary school, students come to the library by their own initiative, for the most part, so it is always a treat to get to meet them.
- At lunch time after the first 10 minutes in the Commons. Obtain a pass from Ms. Solid and walk to the library.
- During Tutorial (2:30-3 pm)
- With their class as scheduled by a Teacher.
Please, communicate to your student the expectation that texting or talking on the phone are not allowed in the library; all phones should be stored away while in the library at all times. Also, all food and drinks should be consumed before entering the library! Thank you for your support!
Volunteers make all the difference!
Indeed, library volunteers make all the difference at Chinook. Would you like to support our library with the gift of time and talent? Volunteer opportunities for adults range from shelving books to special projects. No library experience required! I will train you!
Student volunteer opportunities will be available starting in November. Students will hear more about this soon.
Thank you for your support,
Karina Kawaguchi email@example.com
If you would like to share some news on the website or newsletter relevant to Chinook Middle School, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chinook Middle School PTSA * 2001 98th Avenue Northeast, Bellevue, WA 98004 * Contact Us